Subject: DocBook XML 4.4 + XSLT = HTML

Hi!

I am working with DocBook XML v4.4.
I'd like to show it in a browser. The CSS way is not viable because of the lack of images.
Now I am looking for some XSL files that I can set as stylesheets in the header section of the XML files to render DocBook files to HTML on the fly.
I found DocBook XSL files at sourceforge. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/files/docbook-xsl/)
I tried several different versions (1.77.0-1.70.1).
When I used the docbook.xsl the browser always stopped stating "An unknown error occured at loading the stylesheet".
When I use the html.xsl the text appears but without CSS it looks plain.

So my questions are:
1. What is the correct (and most simple) way of showing DocBook v4.4 in browsers?
2. What DocBook XSL versions should I use? (maybe the newers are for v5+ only?)

Thanx in advance!
Jazoja