Subject: Re: xinclude.mod

Sascha Manns <saigkill@googlemail.com> writes:
> i just would like to ask i can use xinclude.mod with DocBook 4.5.
>
> The backround: I have a project which is written in DB4.5. I'm using a Oxygen
> XML Editor for preparing the Code. But the validy fails with the error that
> xinclude isn't defined.
> In http://forums.deltaxml.com/topic/144/ i found out that a
>
> <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
>                          "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"; [
> <!ENTITY % xinclude SYSTEM "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.5/xinclude.mod";>
> %xinclude;
> ]>
>
> is possible. But on this place "docbooc.org/xml/4.5/" a xinclude.mod isn't
> available.

That's someone else's extension to DocBook. It's unfortunate that they
chose a docbook.org URI for their system identifier (there's clearly a
catalog involved so the fact that it was never stored there didn't
prevent it from working).

> So it is moved to another place or can't we use it?

It appears to ship as part of the Oxygen distribution, so you probably
already have a copy. Look in

  {wherever Oxygen is installed}/frameworks/docbook/4.4/dtd/xinclude.mod

Hope that helps.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | One does what one is; one becomes
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | what one does.--Robert Musil
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |