Subject: Re: XInclude 1.1

"Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> writes:
>> There's an xpath() scheme and it's pretty widely supported, I believe.
>
> I cannot seem to find any information about the xpath() scheme in
> xpointer, except your earlier email mentioning that you implemented it
> in Calabash. It is listed on the W3C XPointer Registry, but the
> "specification" link goes to the W3C spec for XPath 2.0. I doubt the
> xpath() scheme supports the entire XPath 2.0 standard. Do you know
> where the scheme originated and who maintains it? And which processors
> have implemented it?

I don't believe there's an independent spec for it. If you claim to support
the xpath() scheme, I believe the expectation is that you will support all
of XPath (1 or 2).

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | One must look for one thing only,
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | to find many.--Cesare Pavese
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |