Subject: Re: XInclude 1.1

Fekete Robert <frobert@balabit.hu> writes:
> Having recently moved to docbook 5, I also deeply miss the xpointer()
> scheme.

How did moving to DocBook 5 change anything? It hasn't been "removed"
From DocBook in any sense. Tools that supported it in 4 should also
support it in 5, one imagines.

> The functionality that I sorely miss is the possibility to
> reference a tag using its ID, and xinclude everything that's within
> the referenced tag, except the tag itself:
> <xi:include href="blah.xml" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
> xpointer="xpointer(//note[@id='mynote']/*)"/>

That looks like the xpath() scheme to me.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The facts, although interesting,
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | are usually irrelevant.
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |