Subject: Re: [docbook] RFE: RDFa in Docbook 5

Revisting this ~a year later...

It looks like schema.org is converging on RDFa Lite:

http://blog.schema.org/2011/11/using-rdfa-11-lite-with-schemaorg.html
http://blog.schema.org/2012/06/semtech-rdfa-microdata-and-more.html

Manu Sporny makes a solid case that RDFa Lite is the one to go with: http://manu.sporny.org/2012/mythical-differences/

Schema.org has a proposed vocabulary for technical documentation too: http://blog.schema.org/2012/06/newvocabularies-for-technical.html

With Docbook 5 and HTML 5, what's the situation with putting schema.org markup into Docbook books (whether through microdata or RDFa Lite) today?

Norm put this customization together: https://gist.github.com/docbook/2768701

So to get that to work, I'd need to modify my xsl to pipe it through to the html, right?

If I do that, what are the chances of it being accepted into a future release?

- Josh