Subject: Docbook -> EPUB 3

Good afternoon,

I know that the XSLTs are still somewhat in beta because of the recent
standards changes. All the same, I decided to SVN the entire source tree at
http://code.google.com/p/epub-revision/ and run svn/trunk/src/spec/epub30-
overview.xml through:

xsltproc /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/epub/docbook.xsl
epub30-overview.xml

(I use Debian Wheezy's docbook-xsl package, which I think is up-to-date).

As not to crowd the e-mail, I've summarised the errors at the bottom of this
e-mail. I got an output, albeit with some conversions missing as detailed in
the debugging dump. My question is to what extent are these errors problems
with the source Docbook, which errors are due to inadequate support in the
XSLT and which errors are due to me not using xsltproc properly?

With thanks,

Borden

===Begin summary===

WARNING: cannot add @xml:base to node set root element.  Relative paths may
not work.
(I understand that this is due to me using xsltproc and not Saxon)

ERROR: xref linking to <linkend> has no generated link text.
Error: no ID for constraint linkend:
(Occured 50 times with different linkends)

Element include in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude' encountered in
<Element>, but no template matches.
(Occurred 4 times)

warning: failed to load external entity "olinkdb.xml"
Olink error: could not open target database 'olinkdb.xml'.
Error: unresolved olink: targetdoc/targetptr =
(Occured 32 times with different targetdoc/targetptrs)