Subject: Re: [docbook] Attribute Set for

Hi Stefan,
That would not work for everyone, because not everyone uses a watermark image for their draft mode. I had a client whose draft page masters had "DRAFT" appearing rotated in the side margins and no watermark image.

The draft page masters may not be very different in the stock stylesheets, but they represent an opportunity for customizing with more extensive changes.

I certainly agree that it is burdensome to manage a complete set of draft and nondraft page masters, given the number of page masters and their properties, but I haven't figured out a way to simplify without losing individual customizability.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

From: "Stefan Knorr" <sknorr@suse.de>
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 9:50 AM
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Cc: "DocBook List" <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Bob,

you're right of course. Sorry for the useless proposal.

Anyway, is there all that much of a difference between a normal
simple-page-master and a draft simple-page-master whose watermark has
been turned off? (My rather superficial diff seems to indicate that the
xsl:if in question is usually the only difference.)
So, how about only using the draft page-masters when the watermark image
is enabled, and using the normal masters when it isn't?
Or is that likely to be incompatible with overly many customisations?

Stefan.
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, D-90409 Nürnberg
Geschäftsführer: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer