Subject: AW: [docbook] How to get a proper UTF-8 HTML with umlaut

There is no server involved. We use docbook on the commandline,
so we call xsltproc in a kind of batch (omake).

In the source(editor): ü
In the editor: ü
On the browser: ü

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Justus-bulk@Piater.name [mailto:Justus-bulk@Piater.name]
Gesendet: Montag, 3. Juni 2013 14:03
An: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Markus,

> On 06/03/2013 10:46 AM, markus.sticker.epos@zf.com wrote:
>>
>> But all I've got is .
>>
>>    ShowExt überarbeitet
>>
>> Instead of
>>
>>   ShowExt überarbeitet

What exactly do you mean by "all I've got"?  Are you looking at the result in an editor or in a browser?  Perhaps the XHTML file is ok, but your editor does not recognize the correct character encoding, or the Web server serves it with the wrong encoding (this is part of the HTTP metadata that has to be configured server-side).

Justus