Subject: Changing the presentation of numbered lists and sections

Hello,

In an <orderedlist numeration="arabic">, <listitems> are rendered (in HTML);

1. lisitem one
2. listiem two

Are there any attributes that I can add to the orderedlist (and/or section elements) that will change the presentation (in HTML) to

1). listiem one
2). lisitem two

Or even ...

(1) lisitem one
(2) listiem two

If the answer is 'you need to create a customization layer', could someone please point me in the right direction?
For information, my section elements are nested to level 6.

Many thanks.

--
Kevin