Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: adding to toc

On 19/08/13 16:20, Norman Walsh wrote:
davep <davep@dpawson.co.uk> writes:
I have set phrases, plain text in para elements.
I want to use these as targets for cross linking.
What's the best markup pls?

e.g.1.3.30
Is <anchor xml:id="a.1.2.30"/>1.3.30
suitable?
I'm thinking of writing a macro to do this by hilighting
the text.
Then another to create the xref.

That's what anchor is for. But if they're actually phrases, I think I'd
be tempted to use phrase:

   <phrase xml:id="a.1.2.30">1.3.30 or whatever the phrase is</phrase>.

They are 'rule numbers', so phrase is 'doubtful'.
Anchor is working well. Emacs macros written for both.

Thanks Norm.

regards

--
Dave Pawson