Subject: Re: [docbook] Which docbook element to use for a mathematical formula explanation?

On 07/11/13 18:57, Peter Desjardins wrote:
I use the caption element to do something similar to your example.

<equation>
   <title>My Title</title>
   <mathphrase>M = (N * C) / 2</mathphrase>
   <caption>
     <para>M = An explanation</para>
     <para>N = Some more explanation</para>
     <para>C = Another explanation</para>
   </caption>
</equation>

Thanks for this example Peter.

When I tried this approach, it appeared that all the para's are centered in the output document (PDF). That's something I'd like differently:

I'd like the three explanations left aligned/indented at the start of the symbol.

I wonder whether any other docbook elements handle such cases. Or is that something to be handled by downstream processing (xslt / fop)?

Greetings,

Erik
--

Peter