Subject: Re: [docbook] xi:include problem

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, Norm and Shaun.

On 12/12/2013 15:46, Shaun McCance wrote:

> In my experience, this only happens when the wrapper element (info in
> this case) is optional.

Okay. Well, the info section for a book can be a very big place to look
for errors.

> You could still use xmllint to handle XInclude, outputting to a temp
> file, and use jing for validation.

So, Alex Kleider, if you want helpful error messages, there's your
answer :-)

> Although one of the nice things about using xmllint for the
> whole shebang is that it internally tracks the file that elements come
> from, and reports the actual file name and line number of the error
> (when it gets the location of the error right).

It's also lightning fast. I do miss it sometimes.

Simon Dew

Technical Author | Stanley Security Solutions
1 Park Gate Close, Bredbury, Stockport SK6 2SZ, U.K.

Simon.Dew@SBDInc.com | +44 (0) 161 406 3405
www.stanleysecuritysolutions.co.uk

Registered Office: Stanley House, Bramble Road, Swindon
Registered in England and Wales No. 181585 VAT No. 232 2446 95