Subject: Re: xi:include problem

Alex Kleider <akleider@sonic.net> writes:
> The way I'm solving the problem is making each xIncluded file a valid
> DocBook file and validating each included file before using xmllint
> and then doing a final validation. This restricts me to making each
> xIncluded component an <article> since I think this is the lowest
> level element that can be a valid DocBook.

You can go lower then article. You can go to anything with a title,
roughly:

start =
  (db.set
   | db.book
   | db.divisions
   | db.components
   | db.navigation.components
   | db.section
   | db.para)
  | (db.abstract
     | db.mediaobject.content
     | db.audiodata
     | db.imagedata
     | db.textdata
     | db.videodata
     | db.caption
     | db.publishing.blocks
     | db.formal.blocks
     | db.informal.blocks
     | db.formalpara
     | db.inlinemediaobject
     | db.list.blocks
     | db.legalnotice
     | db.verbatim.blocks
     | db.graphic.blocks
     | db.personblurb
     | db.revhistory
     | db.simpara
     | db.step
     | db.stepalternatives)
  | (db.partintro | db.simplesect)
  | db.annotation
  | (db.sect1 | db.sect2 | db.sect3 | db.sect4 | db.sect5)
  | (db.refentry | db.refsection | db.refsynopsisdiv)
  | (db.refsect1 | db.refsect2 | db.refsect3)
  | (db.glossary | db.glossdiv | db.glosslist)
  | (db.bibliodiv | db.bibliolist)
  | (db.setindex | db.index | db.indexdiv)
  | (db.toc | db.tocdiv)
  | (db.task | db.taskprerequisites | db.taskrelated | db.tasksummary)
  | (db.calloutlist
     | db.programlistingco
     | db.screenco
     | db.imageobjectco)
  | (db.productionset | db.constraintdef)
  | (db.msg
     | db.msgexplan
     | db.msgmain
     | db.msgrel
     | db.msgset
     | db.msgsub)
  | (db.qandadiv | db.qandaentry | db.qandaset)
  | (db.equation | db.informalequation)
  | db.cmdsynopsis
  | (db.synopsis.blocks | db.funcsynopsisinfo | db.classsynopsisinfo)
  | db.admonition.blocks
  | db.topic

> Comments?  Are there better ways?

Seems reasonable.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything in the universe goes by
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | indirection. There are no straight
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | lines.-- Emerson