Subject: Re: [docbook] document reviewing ideas

On 01/02/2014 02:57 PM, Mats Wichmann wrote:
..
> So... asking for advice.  What do people typically do when it's time to
> pass a document around to multiple reviewers?  I'm not convinced
> something like Word is the best answer even there (you end up having to
> review serially, not in parallel, or you'll go nuts reconciling the
> comments in multiple different docs, but it's certainly comfortably
> familiar to folks whose companies run on MS-Office).  Is there a "better
> way" that ties in well with having sources in docbook?

If you have oXygen licenses for all users, it offers change tracking
features like Microsoft Word's (probably better).

You could also commit the DocBook source to a github repo and ask for
pull requests. Then you and your users can discuss edits in the context
of the pull request since Github offers threaded comments on each line
and you'll all get notifications when a new comment is added.

Regards,
David