Subject: Re: [docbook] document reviewing ideas

On 2014-01-02 17:41, Mats Wichmann wrote:
Yes, I am trying to avoid the excuse of reviewing being too cumbersome:
Oh, I have to write up "In section 5.2, Foo, second paragraph, change
Bar's to Bar is", I can't just click and fix it in the doc? But really,
I'm fishing for Best Practices, other people must have reviewing issues
as well.  I've worked on other projects where we kind of dodged it: "if
you have comments, please file a bug in our bugtracker", which isn't the
lowest-overhead user interface if you're honest.

It is of course possible to comment PDFs (I assume you're converting your DocBook to PDF). Adobe Acrobat (not their free Reader) allows this, as do some free PDF "readers" (I use the free version of PDF-XChange). Of course that does not allow you to click on the "accept this change" button and automagically get their suggested revision, if that's what they're doing.

   Mike Maxwell
   University of Maryland