Subject: Re: [docbook] Too Strict Content Model for abstract?

Hi,

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 16:45:47 +0000
"Dew, Simon" <Simon.Dew@sbdinc.com> wrote:

> Sorry Thomas, I see someone replied to you directly :-)

No problem. :))

> FWIW, I agree with you. I only use <para> with inline / text content
> myself, as if it were <simpara>. I've sometimes wished there was a
> semantically empty wrapper or div element in DocBook to meet the
> requirements that Aaron notes.

Well, if paragraphs and block elements need to be grouped together, I
would consider some of the section elements. Maybe this doesn't fit
exactly into the "empty wrapper" semantic, but I think it's pretty
close.

Depending on where you have your paras and what you want to group, you
can also use task, procedure, the list elements, etc.

--
Gruß/Regards,
    Thomas Schraitle