Subject: Re: [docbook] Formatting Elements for XSL-FO

Hi Sascha,

in the future, post to the docbook-apps mailinglist which is intended
for all kind of XSLT customizations. The docbook mailinglist is for
schema related questions. :)

On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 11:26:41 +0100
Sascha Manns <Sascha.Manns@xcom.de> wrote:

> i'm using in my documentation two things:
>
>   * <database class="datatype">
>   * <database class="procedure">
>
> Let me say as example, i would like to have all datatypes in green,
> and all procedures in red. How can i realize it in my XSL customizing
> layer?

This is quite easy. Search for a template in fo/inline.xsl which
matches database. You'll find this:

  <xsl:template match="database">
    <xsl:call-template name="inline.charseq"/>
  </xsl:template>

Wrap the inline.charseq with a <fo:inline color="..."> and your're done:

  <xsl:template match="database[@class='datatype']">
     <fo:inline color="green">
       <xsl:call-template name="inline.charseq"/>
     </fo:inline>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="database[@class='procedure']">
     <fo:inline color="red">
       <xsl:call-template name="inline.charseq"/>
     </fo:inline>
  </xsl:template>

Hope this helps.

--