Subject: Re: [docbook] Width attribute on table element

Hi Frank,
For HTML table markup in DocBook, the DocBook Technical Committee tried to maintain compatibility with the HTML standard, the W3C spec for HTML tables, which allows percent and pixels (an integer interpreted as pixels). To extend this, the stylesheets support a processing instruction to specify table width. The stylesheet will copy that value to the width attribute using whatever units you supply. See this reference:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Tables.html#TableWidth

If you use Cals tables, you can use a processing instruction for the table width and also use typographical units in column specs.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net