Subject: Re: What is the use of allowing variablelists within variablelists?

Stefan Knorr <sknorr@suse.de> writes:
> To be honest, I still think that allowing (formal|sim)para should be
> enough... but I can accept different opinions. At least this is expected
> and not a bug.

Yes, probably paras would be enough. Except when someone comes along
wanting one other thing. Then one other. By and large, DocBook has
abandoned attempts to be prescriptive. Unless there's a good reason,
anywhere you can put a block element, you can put any block element,
and anywhere you can put an inline, you can put any inline.

It's entirely reasonable to limit the elements you allow in a local
customization.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything we love, no doubt, will
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | pass away, perhaps tomorrow,
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | perhaps a thousand years hence.