Subject: The OASIS membership ballot to approve DocBook v5.1 as an OASIS Standard has been set up```

Members of the DocBook TC,

The The OASIS membership ballot to approve DocBook v5.1 as an OASIS Standard has been set up.

The ballot opens tomorrow, 09 November 2016 at 00:00 UTC and closes 22 November 2016 at 23:59 UTC. You can access the ballot at:

Internal link:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=3010

Publicly visible link:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=3010

Because this is an OASIS Standard vote, only Organizational Members can vote. Individual Members cannot vote. There is one vote per company and it can cast only by its Primary or Alternate Representative. I will send a ZIP file containing contact information for the Primary and Alternate representatives separately.

Per the OASIS rules, at least 15% of the member companies must vote in the affirmative for this ballot to pass. OASIS currently has 279 member companies so 42 companies (0.15 * 279) must vote yea.

I will send the announcement of the ballot to the Members and the Voting mailing lists tomorrow so that I can say "vote now by clicking this link." This was a recommendation made after the last OASIS vote to help encourage people to vote right away.

Please let me know if you have any questions on any of this or let me know if I can help in any way.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393