Subject: Re: [docbook] How to encode subfigures?

On 08/07/17 16:14, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:> I am trying to convert LaTeX
subfigures into DocBook,
> [...]
>     <figure xml:id="somename">
>         <title>Main figure</title>
>         <mediaobject xml:id="somename-a">
>         </mediaobject>
>         <mediaobject xml:id="somename-b">
>         </mediaobject>
>     </figure>
> </article>

There are several ways to skin this cat. One is exactly what you have.
Depending on the [graphical?] content of the figures, you could have
Two other possibilities are:

	<figure xml:id="somename">
	  <title>figure title</title>
	  <mediaobject xml:id="somename-a">
	    <imageobject>
	      <imagedata format="png" fileref="pic-a">
		<info>
		  <title>caption for subfig a</title>
		</info>
	      </imagedata>
	    </imageobject>
	  </mediaobject>
	  <mediaobject xml:id="somename-b">
	    <imageobject>
	      <imagedata format="png" fileref="pic-b"/>
	    <textobject>
	      <para>Caption for subfig b</para>
	    </textobject>
	  </mediaobject>
	</figure>

> when putting xml:id at the mediaobject level, I cannot use xref in
> order to point to them:
>
> Don't know what gentext to create for xref to: "mediaobject"

We always write our own XSLT, so we have a handler to resolve the IDREFs
which point at these, and it's a house business rule to use the
convention of parent id with a hyphen and letter for naming multiple
mediaobject IDs.

///Peter