Subject: Re: [docbook] Help needed to use ENTITY in docbook5 (convert from docbook4)

Hi,

I don't quite understand the execution. In had once read (for docbook4) that the files included with xi:include should be built so that they are executable themselves. Is this correct?

Based on the correspondence I have now implemented it as follows:

The main file looks like this (extract):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE book [

<!ENTITY % darktable_ent SYSTEM "../darktable.ent">

%darktable_ent;

]>

<book

version="5.0"

xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"

xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"

xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"

xml:lang="en"

status="final"

xml:id="darkroom_chapter">

<!--- an so on -->

<xi:include href="" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>

The included file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE chapter [

<!ENTITY % darktable_ent SYSTEM "../darktable.ent">

%darktable_ent;

]>

<chapter

version="5.0"

xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"

xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"

xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"

xml:lang="en"

status="final"

xml:id="overview_chapter">

<!--- an so on -->

Is this the correct way or do I have to change something?

Thanks in advance

Pierre