Subject: Re: [docbook] Help needed with xsl and xsltproc

Hi Pierre,

Am Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018, 20:37:02 CEST schrieb openhab.doc:

> When I run
>
> xmlcatalog /etc/xml/catalog "ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Added Latin 1//EN//XML"
> "http:// www.w3.org/2003/entities/iso8879/isolat1.ent"
>
> I gett following output:
>
> No entry for PUBLIC ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Added Latin 1//EN//XML No entry
> for SYSTEM http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/iso8879/isolat1.ent No entry for
> URI http:// www.w3.org/2003/entities/iso8879/isolat1.ent

Ok, that is indeed a misconfiguration of your XML catalogs.

You can solve this problem with one of the following solutions:

1. Install a package which brings the entities and a correct XML catalog.
2. Define your own XML catalog and use it during your processing.
3. Use local paths and avoid any public identifiers or URIs.

If you want to be platform neutral, you should avoid option 3. I would
consider it "bad style". ;-)

You should first try to find a correct package for your Linux distribution.
Usually it's either included or dependent of a DocBook 4 package.

If this fails, you could try to patch this package or report it as bug. In
case you want to avoid this, define your own catalogs for these missing URIs.

Hope this helps.

--
Gruß/Regards
  Thomas Schraitle