Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: Pardon me, does this still work?

On 05/03/2024 10:28, Norm Tovey-Walsh wrote:
[...]
As part of the ongoing OASIS Open migration from Kavi to Higher Logic
Thrive, the OASIS managed mailing lists will become unavailable for
sending new mail starting sometime in March, 2024. Members can login
at https://groups.oasis-open.org/communities/mycommunities to access
the new Thrive platform and messaging system.

This does not sound good. A "messaging system" sounds more like
something Marketing dreamed up. Sure enough, searching the Higher Logic site for "mailing list" returns nothing usable. I'll bet you ten attributes to an element that it's a "forum" :-)

I have no idea what that bodes for the future, but it doesnât sound
good. Might have to spin up a new mailing list somewhere. :-(

Shouldn't be a problem, except we want stability. Something that will still be there a couple of decades away.

Peter