docstandards-interop-discuss message

Subject: DocStandards InterOp

Hi,

I know that you are early stages with this TC but I wanted to throw out an
idea to work towards. Would anyone be interested in an OASIS InterOp at this
event?

>Consortium Issues Call for Papers for OASIS Open Standards Day Germany
>
>OASIS and tekom are seeking presenters for the first OASIS Open
>Standards Day Germany to be held 8-9 Nov.  Proposals should discuss
>basic principles and practical application in the field of technical
>communication and address one or more of the following OASIS
>specifications: Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA); User
>Interface Markup Language (UIML), DocBook, WebCGM, OpenDocument, and/or
>XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF).

http://www.tekom.de/index_neu.jsp?url=/servlet/ControllerGUI?action=voll&id=
2111

The CfP has expired but if we had enough interest, this would be a great
venue and we would have 6 months to prepare. Any feedback?

Thanks,
Dee