docstandards-interop-discuss message

Subject: Re: [docstandards-interop-discuss] what's in a name?

Nice summary Michael.

On 27/05/07, Michael Priestley <mpriestl@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Here's my latest attempt at distilling our purpose into a simple noun
> phrase.

> proposed solution:
> OASIS Interoperability for XML Document Markup Standards TC

> Proposed additional charter information:
>
> - make clear who we are starting with (DITA, DocBook, ODF) but that we are
> open to participation from members of any open standards activity for XML
> document markup, and for users of those standards who have cross-standard
> reuse needs

> Here's the original statement of scope for background - I suspect it will
> become quite a bit more verbose with the above concerns taken into account
> :-)

<snip/>

> Increasingly, organizations need to collaborate and share content with other
> organizations. As a result, XML
> interoperability between these standards is critical.

+1 to all of that.

What I'm missing now is a deliverable.

What is the SC (not a TC is it?) meant to deliver after n weeks / months
deliberation?

'A means of interop' ?
'An n way transform'?
'A lingua ... Esperanto' or common interop language'
etc

What is needed to resolve problems of group A working with group B?

regards
--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.