dsaw-program message

Subject: RE: [dsaw-program] FW: Working Programme Document

At 10:49 AM 7/26/2006, Dee Schur wrote:
>Hi Richard,
>I agree that given our claim that this is an extention of the work of the
>Tampere Convention,

I don't recall who may have made that claim, but I don't think we should
endorse it. The Tampere Convention concerns specific agreements, mostly
dealing with coordination of requests for telecommunications capabilities
among parties to the Convention. It only comes into force after really
major disasters, and it does not deal with public warning, per se. Also,
the United States is not a party to the Tampere Convention, so it would
be odd to have so many U.S. speakers if our ITU Workshop were an extension
of the Tampere Convention.

Eliot