dsml-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: bruno.grossmann@pwgsc.gc.ca

Thanks for the reply below. However,

1) DSML v2 does not implement the LDAP bind operation. Either the
connectivity is not available and an errorResponse message is generated,
or it is available and the request is processed;

2) X.509 is only an ITU document specifying the format of certificates,
it does not specify any authentication mechanism. As far as using SOAP
or SAML, I would still argue that only allowing a different protocol to
perform authentication operations is not reasonable. The ISO
specifications were designed, so that no cross-talk should happen
between the protocols at the different layers. When you access a web
site encrypted via SSL, you are still required to provide a name and a
password to the HTTP server.
Furthermore, from an implementation point of view, how I am supposed to
implement all the already defined LDAP volatile operations (add, modify,
modifyDN, delete) in DSML when I do not have an authentication mechanism
which maps to the LDAP authentication (admin dn with password)?