dsml-comment message

Subject: Major new use of DSML / Guidance requested

Mr. Heflin,

Thank you very much for contacting us in regards to the work that you and your colleagues are doing with DSML. We are always delighted to hear of OASIS Standards being put to good and practical use.

In response to your questions, the Directory Services Markup Language Technical Committee closed its activities down in 2003 deeming DSML to be stable and finished. The dsml-comment@ mailing list remains active, as is standard practice with all of our TCs, in order to receive questions and comments about the standard itself. There is no active development of the standard at this time.

Regarding members of the DSML community, some may still be subscribed to this list and you may hear from them directly. I will also investigate where they can be reached at this time and contact them to see if they can provide you with answers or recommendations.

Please note that if the gaps are significant and if there is interest among a group of experts in addressing them in the standard, there is always the option of starting a new, successor Technical Committee to take up the DSML OASIS Standard and extend it to address new requirements. I would be happy to talk with anyone interested in how that can be done.

Again, thank you and I will reach out to previous members of the TC in order to assist you.

Best regards,

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298