Subject: DSMLTools 1.0

Just a quick note to say that you can now get version 1.0 of my third year
project, a suite of tools in Java for working with DSML, at
http://www.dsmltools.org .

The DSML Tools provide the following capabilities:

* Querying of any LDAP directory, with search results output as DSML
* Import of DSML data into any LDAP directory
* Directory-context validation of DSML (checking for illegal attributes in
  the entries, etc.)
* Calculating the differences (for a directory) of two DSML documents -
  an XML Diff algorithm for DSML data

In other words, this software makes all LDAP-supporting directories
DSML-enabled. In addition to that, it provides the useful function of
checking the integrity of generated DSML data, and showing at a glance how
two data sets represented as DSML differ.

The code is MPL/GPL dual-licensed. This is, as far as I am aware, the
first open-source implementation of an LDAP to DSML gateway.

Happy New Year :-)

Gerv

--
"I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is