Subject: RE: SAML and DSML 2.0

I hope no one minds a lurker stepping up to the plate and offering a few
comments. :-)

Would SOAP encoding rules apply here? I'm not saavy enough with either DSML
or SAML, yet, to know, but I thought I'd ask. (SOAP encoding rules combine
XML Schema simple types with the notions of structs and arrays. Attributes
are avoided and reserved for use by the envelope.)

> o the data-types and schemata languages used.  SAML appears
> to be leaning to
> XML Schema, while I'm not sure about DSML

I'd like to see it use XML Schema, even if it just uses the simple data
types and does its own thing for structures. I'd prefer not to have to
implement multiple type systems, and we know we are going to need to support
XML Schema, here.

> o The relationship between the request/response styles.  DSML
> must define a
> syntax for request/response, as will SAML.   What do the
> push/pull requests
> look like?

I'd really like to see the WG just leverage SOAP and/or XMLP for this. Use
what's already there (or will be there at some point, in the case of XMLP).

P.S. Glad to see DSML showing some signs of life, again. I have hopes... :-)