Subject: Re: File binding straw man

I have the same concern as Pete. We should at least talk about this issue.

Shon Vella
Software Engineer, Consultant
svella@novell.com
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software
www.novell.com

Jeff Parham wrote:

> Below is a straw man for the file binding -- comments welcome.

One of the useful features of LDIF is that pulling entries from a server
and creating a file will create an input that can be used to load that
set of entries into a server.  Distinguishing between input and output
in a file binding seems limiting, making a translation to necessary.
 Though I can quite see why that is less than trivial to avoid.

--
Pete Rowley
Developer