dss-comment message

Subject: RE: [dss-comment] Public Comment

Vieko,

> how is it different from non-PKI approaces such as username/password,
digipass etc.

DSS signatures still have the significant advantage of public key systems in
that any relying party can validate the authenticity of any digital
signature bound to data.

> Keeping the keys on the server essentially makes it a shared-secret
system, doesn't it ?

Not necessarily, it is a common point of trust, but it is possible to have
sepatate keys with access control based on user ID.

> ..... It would be like a swiss-knife that you can use for anything.

Yes - like the analogy.

> Sure we would like to contribute to enhancing the DSS protocol.

Would you be able to join the DSS Technical Committee? We have a phone
conference every 2 weeks to review progress and discuss major issues,
otherwise work is carried out by email.  See
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/join.php for details.

> the right place to start would be describing the use cases and comparing
the requirements in various cases.

I agree.

Rergards

Nick