dss-x-comment message

Subject: Re: [dss-x-comment] Questions about DSS-X Local Signature Computation Version 1.0

Dear Ernst Jan,

thanks for the detailed and quick clarification! OK, we will modify our codes/interfaces based on your instructions/suggestions!

Best regards,
Aron

---

Dear Aron,

We have discussed your feedback; below our reply.

Regarding the use of the Profile attribute:
We understand that the Profile attribute is normally used the specifion
of the type of document that is requested, such as
"urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:profiles:XAdES" in case of XAdES.

But the use of (for instance)
"urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:profiles:XAdES" as a Profile attribute would
indicate that it is not a local signature profile, so it cannot be a
SECOND SignRequest as specified by the local signature profile.

The SECOND SignRequest has some addional elements which are not present
in the DSS-core specification (not as an optional input), such as the
element SignatureObject, and it may assume a certain state of the
Digital Signature Service (for instance if the document is temporarily
stored in the Digital Signature Service, obtained during the FIRST
SignRequest). The use of these elements and the expected behavior of the
Digital Signature Service apply only to the local signature profile.

To indicate this ‘different’ setup of the (second) SignRequest, a proper
value for the Profile attribute is needed: in this case
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/dss-x/ns/localsig";.

Fortunately, the DSS-core specification allows for the use of additional
profiles:

--
2.8.4 Optional Input <AdditionalProfile>
The <AdditionalProfile> element can appear multiple times in a request.

We therefore propose to add an additional description/indication for the
use of the AdditionalProfile element.

This way, it should be possible to specify a second profile, such as:
<AdditionalProfile>urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:profiles:XAdES</AdditionalProfile>
in case of XAdES documents.

As mentioned earlier (and included for completeness):

Regarding the XSD
The XSD was not updated to the changes in the document, unfortunately
(the reference [LocalSigXSD] as found in the document, was also not
correct).

The element "RequestDocumentHash" has to be used, as presented in the
document. The XSD will be corrected as well as the reference
[LocalSigXSD] in the document.

With kind regards,

Ernst Jan