Subject: Initial Draft Contribution: DSS Encryption

Hello all,

I just uploaded an initial draft of our Encryption Profile proposal. This
document could serve as basis for discussion.

A short overview including usage scenarios is given in the introduction
section. Note that I also put in some comments.

The document proposes an Encryption Protocol rather than a profile to the
Signing Protocol. I think the use cases 'signing' and 'encryption' should be
considered independently because they are likely to be implemented by
separate entities. The proposed encryption protocol tries to reuse DSS Core
types as much as possible, however, minor changes to the core would
facilitate this task.

I would be happy to receive comments on the proposed document.

Thanks,
Clemens

--
Clemens Orthacker  A-SIT, Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria