Subject: Re: [dss-x] RE: DSS-X: action #0041

Nick,

I certainly agree in that certain scenarios would require all these
three features present in a <dss:VerifyResponse>, namely:

1. Containers for including report on each signature found (the
<SignatureVerificationReport> in my submisssion or the like)

2. Details on the data (certificates, crls, ocsp responses, timestamps,
etc) used by the server during the verification process.

3. That the server actually signs the <dss:VerifyResponse> itself with
its own private key so that the <dss:VerifyResponse> may be presented in
the future as a kind of trusted ticket in case of litigation, for instance.

In our last conf call we initially agreed in defining a profile
including features 1 and 2 and defining several conformance levels so
that implementers could develop servers providing 1, 2 or 1 and 2, for
instance. And this because these two features are strongly related.

The question is whether feature 3 is so strongly related to 1 and 2 as
to also incorporate this feature to the profile or it deserves a
different profile that servers could implement as other profiles and by
doing so, providing the three aforementioned features....

Do you think that it is worth to define the three features in the same
profile?

Juan Carlos.