Subject: Re: [dss-x] RE: Some more thoughts concerning the legal aspects

Detlef,

>  is there a legal foundation for having a revision period, which
>  must be several hours?
The german sig law in Section 17 says :

>>  (2) The presentation of data to be signed requires
>> signature-application components that will first clearly indicate the
>> production of a qualified electronic signature and enable the data to
which the signature refers to be identified.<<

( see http://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/media/archive/3612.pdf )

The word 'first' is interpreted in a way that the certificate owner must
be aware _beforehand_ of a qualified signature creation. One usual way
to fulfil this requirement is to implement a time frame where signing
requests may be reviewed. This is a way to NOT require an explicit click
for each and every signature.

But indeed, afaik there are no explicit time frames given. It's just a
traditional  way to fulfil the legal requirements and to comply with the
idea that our regulatory body recognizes as best practices.

Hope this helps ...

Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97
mailto: kuehne@trustable.de