Subject: WG: AW: Fw: [dss-x] Visual Signatures profile

Hi Leonard !

Konrad said something very important yesterday :

'Think of requirements, not of existing solutions !'

I hope I remember it correctly ... but it's true anyway. 2D barcodes are
funny stuff to impress my kids and colleagues, but our real use case is
: Mass signing of PDF invoice documents. That's not a tricky requirement
at all, but I just can't do it using DSS right now !

So I would like to go for a signing profile for PDF documents starting
with the core's successful keep-it-simple approach in mind :

- One signature at a time
- Pre-configured signature field included in the document
- DSS's signature placement enhanced to be a pointer into a PDF doc
- No update of the PDF beyond the signature field

Same for Verification. I have no experience with timestamps in PDFs,
maybe the simple signature approach will fit ??

This would introduce a new profile with focus on PDF as a signature
container format, independent from the visual signature efforts. Does
this makes sense to you ?

More sophisticated profiles may aggregate this functionality, but that's
not my use case.

Opinions welcome

Andreas