Subject: RE: [dss-x] Fwd: Presentation client and server signature

Hello Andreas,

Just a comment that a "polling" use case could be provided
by using the ebMS 3.0 transport binding for DSS:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dss-x/profiles/ebxml/v1.0/oasis-d
ss-1.0-profiles-ebxml.pdf

In ebMS 3.0, it is possible to have a service provider that
is HTTP "client only":  it pulls requests, and pushes the
as the "Two-Way/Pull-and-Push MEP" in ebMS 3.0. The
definition is in section 2.2.8 of:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/core/os/ebms_
core-3.0-spec-os.pdf

A main benefit of this is that no changes are needed to the
DSS messages, the polling functionality is provided by the
transport protocol binding, not by a DSS profile.  A regular
DSS sign/verify request can be polled, and a regular DSS
response returned. I'm not sure that is appropriate for the
use cases you're describing, but it may be of interest
anyway.

A light client conformance profile for ebMS 3.0 is defined
in section 3.2 of:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/profiles/2007
07/ebms3-confprofiles-cs-01.html

This ebMS 3.0 conformance profile does not require any of
the "heavy" Web Services modules (security or reliable
messaging) and no HTTP server capabilities.  It can be built
using just HTTP client, TLS, SOAP/MIME and XML libraries, so
it is not hard to implement.

Pim