Subject: Re: [dss-x] Verification Reports

Hi Juan Carlos,

AFAIK the DSS Core specification has been designed to work with systems
where the signing keys are centralized. What I'm looking for is a DSS
protocol for "decentralized key management system", like for example the
Belgian eID card. In this design each user has its own PKI token (eID
card, eToken, whatever). To ease integration of digital signatures
within web sites of Relying Parties, I've introduced an eID DSS service
that knows how to handle the low-level communication with the eID card,
and knows about XAdES and all different document formats.

Thus the idea is to have a secured protocol between Relying Parties and
a DSS web portal to be able to sign document, similar to the SAML
Browser POST protocol (but instead for authentication, for signing
purposes). The protocol flow should go as follows:
- the User Agent (web browser) visits the RP web site
- the RP internally constructs some document as part of its implemented
business process
- the RP sends the document to the DSS via some Browser POST based DSS
protocol
- the DSS aids the signing process of the document received from the RP
(requires Browser user interaction to insert eID card etc.)
- the DSS sends back the signed document to the RP, again using a
Browser POST
See also slide 21 of:
http://eid-applet.googlecode.com/files/eid-integration.pdf

AFAIK the HTTP POST Transport Binding of DSS Core cannot be used as is
for this purpose (offers no message-level security). So I would need a
Browser POST Profile on top of DSS core (similar to the SAML Browser
POST profile in the context of authentication).

Kind Regards,
Frank.