Subject: Re: [dss-x] Quick Poll for Async Protocol: Standalone profile or sub-section in the core?

I would love to see async in the core - some most use them profile candidates look better i the core (not to offer a fruitless core).

+1 any other ... maybe :-?

All the best,
Stefan.
Am 20.04.18 um 17:48 schrieb Andreas Kuehne:
Hi all,

here is a question that nags me for some time:

Should we keep the Async Profile or should we merge it into the core?

There are good reasons for both:

Into the core:

- async is used by many applications

- async is quit small compared to the profile

- It is nasty to deal with a separate profile for this little functionality

Separate profile:

- Focus the core on the 'minimal viable product'

- Don't irritate readers with details they may never use

- Async describes a quite simple way to solve the requirement. Other
solutions may show up

What's your opinion?

Greetings and have nice early-summer weekend,

Stefan Hagen
read://shagen.de
talk: eventually