Subject: AW: [dss-x] Groups - DSS-XCore 2.0 WD 04 uploaded

Hi Ernst Jan,

thanks for the naming alignment! Now all the chapters seem to follow an overall concept! Presumably the concept was there all the time but now I can see it clearly ;-)

Greetings,

Andreas

Von: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org] Im Auftrag von Ernst Jan van Nigtevecht
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. April 2018 14:27
An: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org
Betreff: Re: [dss-x] Groups - DSS-XCore 2.0 WD 04 uploaded

Regarding the titles of Section 3 and 4, would it be an idea to use:

Section 3 Data Type Models

because it presents the basic semantics of the different types that are used to create more complex structures... (Section 4), and

Section 4 Data Structure Models

because it still concentrates on the structure of the data (and mapping onto data formats), in contrast to:

Section 5/6/7 Data Processing Models

These three together create more-or-less the 'domain model' of dss... (views, behaviour, relationships/structure, data, without going into UML details etc.).

Regards

Ernst Jan

Andreas Kuehne wrote:

Hi all,

please take a look at the recent version of the DSS-X core 2.0.
This version reflects the comments from Ernst Jan and embeds the async
functionality.

I learned that it is inconvenient to make inline comments in a 'final'
version (without the green text) as I will go on to generate documents
based on tghe 'green' version. So e.g. Ernst Jan's comments are not
available in the new version.

One thing I did not address is the reference to the XML schema files.
I'll add a lookup mechanism 'namespace' -> 'schema file' to fill in the
appropriate values.

And I would liuke to ask you to take a look at section '2 Data Models'.
I'm not quite sure about the idea of a domain model vs structure model
vs data model.

Greetings,

Andreas
-----------------
Document Name: DSS-XCore 2.0 WD 04
Description
reflecting comments and including the async functionality
View Details: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/document.php?document_id=62957
Download Latest Revision: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/download.php/62957/latest/DSS-XCore%202.0%20WD%2004.docx
Public Download Link: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=62957&wg_abbrev=dss-x
Submitter: Mr. Andreas Kuehne

Group: OASIS Digital Signature Services eXtended (DSS-X) TC
Folder: Committee Drafts
Date submitted: 2018-04-23 14:19:49