dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] DSS Use Cases...

Title: RE: [dss] DSS Use Cases...

> > I agree that we may not resolve the very long term
> signatures but it is
> > worth noting as an requirement even if we do not have an
> immediate answer.
>
> I'd much rather we make it an explicit non-goal and include references
> to other groups currently working on this, such as ETSI.

I am hesitant to rule anything out at this stage, when we are just starting to have use cases discussed on the list.  However, I am concerned that trying to solve the long term signature use case is a difficult problem and the TC will get bogged down, therefore delaying all of our work.  Thus, I would tend to agree that we shouldn't try to solve it at this time.  I don't think I would go as far as making it an explicit non-goal, but perhaps we should leave this use case as a possible topic for a potential version 2.0.

        Robert Zuccherato