dss message

Subject: [dss] Electronic Postmark Interface from UPU

Title: Electronic Postmark Interface from UPU

I have been asked by Steve Gray of the Universal Postal Union to submit the following potential input document.  The UPU is the primary international organisation and forum for cooperation for the world's postal services. In this capacity they perform a similar function for the postal industry as does the ITU for the Telecommunications Industry, including the development of standards.

The UPU has a current project that will establish a global Electronic PostMark (EPM). The EPM service will include Non-Repudiation services, Trusted Time-stamping, Archiving, Digital Signature verification, etc.  They have already prepared a standard XML interface specification (wsdl document) that is now being tested by some Posts with various client applications.

Attached is the latest version of their Electronic PostMark Interface specification.  A more formal version of that specification is about to be published as an official UPU International Standard.  I have been informed that the UPU is not aware of any IP claims associated with the submission.

I would ask the TC members to consider the submission and we should discuss it briefly at the teleconference on Monday.

Thanks,

        Robert.

<<EPMService_UPU_V1.04.wsdl.xml>>