dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Timestamping

All,

I agree with Nick: If we decide to support only time stamp tokens
that can be represented by a signature comprising

  * the hash presented the requester together with

  * a couple of signed/unsigned attributes

we should conceive a time stamp token as a kind of signature, similar
to other use cases we have identified.

We should

  * define a syntax for the signature

  * define a couple of widely usable attributes

  * define a protocol by which the requester can tell the signature
    service how to combine signature and attributes in order to create
    a particular kind of signature (in the creation use case), or which
    combination of signature and attributes is expected by the requester
    (in the verification use case).

Regards,
Gregor Karlinger

smime.p7s