dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Groups - dss-requirements-1.0-draft-02.doc uploaded

Nick & Trevor,

This definition bears to flaws:

1. Transforms are not applied to signed data, but to the transforms
   process input data" (i.e. the data referred to by the URI
   attribute of dsig:Reference).

2. The relying party will *always* view the transforms process out-
   put data, since this is what is actually signed by the dsig
   signature.

I suggest therefore the following definition:

"For use cases where the relying party would like to check the
 relationship between the the 'transforms process input data'
 (which is the data he wants to operate on) and the 'transforms
 process output data' (which is the data the signing party has
 actually signed) all the information used by the signing party
 to compute the transforms process must be signed.
 Most of this information is included in a XMLDSIG signature
 anyway. However, there are some exceptions, for instance imported
 stylesheets referred to in an XSLT transform. Those additional
 information must be signed as well, for instance as part of a
 dsig:Manifest."

> Is this OK?  Do you want the original use case document
> updating to only keep the details relating to the Securing
> Transform use case?

Yes, the use case document should contain only the Securing
transform use case. The requirements should be coved by the
req document.

/Gregor

smime.p7s