dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Fwd: Extensibility Sentence

I agree with the sentiment of making the protocol extensible.  The concept
of "compound or stacked operations" that is combining two separate
operations into one seems overly complex to me.

Instead of
> "This "extensibility
> framework" should
> >be designed to support the notion of compound or stacked
> operations typified
> >by the Verify and TimeStamp scenario as well as the more common
> notions of
> >"selection of response elements" or "specification of signing
> attributes".

I suggest:

 "This extensibility should support the ability to request additional
service elements, such as requesting a time-stamp or time-mark with the
verify operation, as well as the ability to select particular signature
attributes or other elements in the response."

Nick

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/members/leave_workgroup.php