dss message

Subject: requirements - signature types limited to those based on XML DSig (3.2.2)

I propose we focus the scope on XML Signatures.

I believe when we went through the requirements that the point Merlin made was that we should design the details of the request/response protocol such that we could extend it to non XML Signature types of signature in the future with less effort. I do not think this meant that we should require support for all types of signatures.

I suggest we change 3.2.2 to only list XML Signatures and profiled variants like a Timestamp signature since this is our focus.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia Mobile Phones