dss message

Subject: Application Profile

Trevor,

(I am opening this up to the group)

a) I personally believe that Application Profiles should be able to be
selected through the schema.

However, the requirements document need not specify how the application
profile is signalled as this is a protocol requirement, on that it can be
indicated either implicetlky or explicetly.  So I suggest that you leave it
open in the requirements document and keep it in the schema for the moment.

b) In 3.1.2 Can you update the list of profiles to include the two mentioned
at the recent DSS phone conference (Corporate Seal and profile for German
signature legislation), preceded by the words.  "Profiles are currently
being considered for: ..."

c) In 3.1.2 I don't follow the text "A combination of these profiles yeilds
an Application Profile".  When is a profile and application profile?  Many
of the profiles listed are called "application profiles".

I suggest that you remove this sentence.

Nick