dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] REFORMULATED ISSUE#2: SIGNATURECONTENTS (SIGN REQUEST DISCUSSION)

At 12:12 PM 9/15/2003 +0200, Andreas Kuehne wrote:

> > >   - "selection transforms" A -> B, and the
> > >   - "signature transforms" A -> C, B -> C
>
>Shouldn't the reciever be able to reapply the mentioned 'signature
>transform' using the enveloped data ? It doesn't make sense for me to
>envelope some data which you could NOT use as a starting point for the
>'signature transform'. You couldn't verify this signature without
>additional access to the original data. This would proof the enveloped
>data as redundant.

I think the idea is we'd envelope B, in the case where B is the starting
point for the "signature transforms".

So the question is whether the server needs to be able to do an A->B
transform, such as selecting a particular element from one of the Input
Documents.  Alternatively, we would require the client to do any "selection
transforms" on the client side, and send the resulting B elements as just
other Input Documents.

Trevor